Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Not able to export dxf into Inkscape correctly

marc_wheelermarc_wheeler Member Posts: 4 EDU
I am trying to export a sketch into Inkscape as a dxf so I can laser cut on a Glowforge.  I have done this many times.  This design has a large ellipse and other sketch elements connected to this ellipse.  Everything is in mm.  When I export the sketch, I get the main ellipse about 6 times bigger than it should be and angled.  The rest of the sketch elements are coming over OK, but the ellipse does not.  I imported a rectangle from the same workspace and in the same file, and it came over fine.  Any ideas why an ellipse would suddenly give me a problem.

Answers

• Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    You can try export splines as polyline's, or even a different version of DXF
  • Options
    marc_wheelermarc_wheeler Member Posts: 4 EDU
    Thanks Dirk, but I tried this and still no luck.  Here is a video of what I am doing if anyone has time to see.
  • Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    I had a look at your video and you are using release 14 DXF, have you tried an other version like 2004 or something.