Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How can I better draw draw drawing templates?

I need to be able to edit drawing templates and would like the use of the model space drawing functions (trim, extend, constraints features etc). Is this something that could be added to the drawing templates?

Best Answers

• Options
    homebrewdesignhomebrewdesign Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Draw your template in a part studio sketch. Export the sketch to dxf in a new tab. Import that dxf into a blank drawing. Unfortunately if you want to make edits to the border you will have to keep repeating the process until you settle on what works. You can add notes in the drawing file and link it to properties.
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately, there are no good sketching tools in Drawings.
    It is recommended that you use a 2D drawing software (autoCAD, DraftSight, Nanocad) to create/edit your border templates.
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Actually, I wasn't aware you could export the sketch to dwg then rename to dwt

Answers