Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Closed Sheet metal corner

Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
I´ve now seached and tested a bit... how can I achieve the following closed corner?

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter

Best Answer

• Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
    Answer ✓
    john_mcclary  Aaah the last picture is perfect! ok now I can change the Jointstyle to the Butt joint. Thats how I wanted it.  I allready tried the seperate feature, but somehow it doesnt work. Now its perfect! Thank you very much.
    Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited March 2022
    Your corner conditions are under "Relief" in the sheet-metal feature:

Here are some examples:

Then you can set the butt joints in the flattened sheet-metal tab

edited March 2022
    Hi john_mcclary, thanks for your reply. But that´s not how I want it to do. My current part looks like the following picture. I have to close this corner gap so that it looks like the picture above.
    The picture I posted in my request is my goal (it is just a step file and I want to recreate it)

Best regards
    Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
    Answer ✓
    john_mcclary  Aaah the last picture is perfect! ok now I can change the Jointstyle to the Butt joint. Thats how I wanted it.  I allready tried the seperate feature, but somehow it doesnt work. Now its perfect! Thank you very much.
    Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter