Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Integrating Onshape with my web-based simulation platform

a_a542a_a542 Member Posts: 4
Hi all,

I'm building a web-based fully open-source software-as-a-service simulation platform. Onshape has been a nice tool to use for web-based CAD modeling, and I would like to integrate it into my own platform, so users can directly craft their models on a single platform, without having to switch between multiple tools to get the job done. I tried using <iframe>, but it doesn't seem compatible at all.

I'm not sure if this is the best category for such post, but would anyone happen to know whether the API would support something like this? I've used the API to acquire certain parameters of a model using Python, but I'm not sure whether it can be used to integrate Onshape's interactive web interface with my website.

Would it be better for me to get in touch with Onshape directly for such matters?

Answers