Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Release management, Approver required for only some users

Nicklas_IsraelsenNicklas_Israelsen Member Posts: 15 PRO
Hi
In the release management settings for enterprises, there is a checkmark so that each release candidate requires an approver. However, is it possible to only require an approver when specific users are creating a release candidate?
I would like for some users in onshape (experienced mechanical engineers) to be able to create release candidates without the need for an approver. And then I would like for other users (student helpers), to not be able to create a release candidate without choosing an approver. I know that one solution is to make all the experienced mechanical engineers admin users, but it would be nice if there was another solution. 

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,353
    There is an "Approve Releases" global permission that you could add the experienced guys to, but they would have to set themselves as the approver in the release candidate dialog. Also would need to turn off "Do not allow creator as approver" in the Release Management settings. That should work.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI