Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How can I recover select features deleted a long time ago?

Than_BoganThan_Bogan OS Professional Posts: 6 PRO
I understand how to restore an entire old version, but what if I've made tons of changes, including (correct) deletions, and then realize that a few of my deletions were incorrect and I'd like to bring them back.

I can't see any way to do this without the (still missing) selective merge feature.  That would allow me to make a branch back at the features I want, and then selectively merge them to the main branch.

But maybe there's a way to accomplish this specific goal in a more direct manner?  It's basically a cut-and-paste of some features from one branch to another, but I don't know of any way to do that either.  I have this feeling that I'm missing something obvious.  Or at least I hope I am!

Answers

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    I've requested the ability to cut/paste features, which would have several other applications besides this one. As you say, Onshape isn't yet really set up to easily support a partial merge or partial restore, but here's one approach that might work for you https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/15028/pro-tip-how-to-restore-a-deleted-tab-after-you-have-made-changes-without-losing-work
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,361 PRO
    I find having the two versions open side by side is sometimes all I need to see what I did in one version vs the other. You can step through the feature tree in each and compare and decide what you need to recreate, and what all the choices were. 

It’s not the same as being able to copy and paste a bunch of features, but it helps a lot compared with other CAD systems.
  • Options
    Than_BoganThan_Bogan OS Professional Posts: 6 PRO
    Both helpful!  Thanks!