Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Cursor Offset - solution (temporary)

bård_olsenbård_olsen Member Posts: 17
I think i found the solution. Struggled a lot, with a 5cm offset of where mouse was and where selection was. Saw someone mention zoomy but i am on firefox and have no addons that affect it....someone mentioned some kind of scaling issue, and i just clicked zoom in/zoom out in firefox and the selection was again working OK. So this is a bug with the software not handling firefox/chrome/edge page zoom correctly.
Shortcut for zoom in and out that fixes the issue in Firefox at least is CTRL & + or - on keypad.

Sometimes the view diagram top right is offset half off screen, and changing browser zoom places it correctly again.

Answers

• Options
    Hans_Leirvik_1Hans_Leirvik_1 Member Posts: 38 PRO
    Hi Bård, I have never seen this problem, I think it is related to Firefox. I use Edge and sometimes Chrome or Opera.
    You should check the display driver.
  • Options
    bård_olsenbård_olsen Member Posts: 17
    There are many here who report the same problem if you do a forum search. And I do not think they all use firefox.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,429
    It seems the majority are running Linux - are you? 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,429
    Apologies to everyone on this thread - I just had the cursor offset bug - never seen it before. Refreshing the browser does nothing, but closing/opening the doc or duplicating the tab fixes it. I am on Mac running Chrome. I wasn't able to debug the issue nor can I reproduce it, but it does exist.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI