Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Why do I not get an update icon in the assembly when I changed a part from V6 to V7?

Why do I not get an update icon in the assembly when I changed a part from V6 to V7?

The V7 does not contain any changes. 

I am aware that it does not make sense. I wanted to use it to update the drawing for another problem

Best Answer

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    Answer ✓
    This is intended. If no changes have been made to a tab (Part Studio) then it will not flag as out of date. Imagine if you have a library doc with 100 different Part Studios / Parts and you make a change to one of them, you wouldn't want the other 99 flagged as out of date.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Answers

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
    Not sure what's actually happening to you, but I often notice a lag in the update icons showing up. It's still possible to update the instance.
  • Options
    René_SartorioRené_Sartorio Member Posts: 58 PRO
    edited September 2022
    also refreshing the browser does not bring any improvement

• Options
    Answer ✓
    This is intended. If no changes have been made to a tab (Part Studio) then it will not flag as out of date. Imagine if you have a library doc with 100 different Part Studios / Parts and you make a change to one of them, you wouldn't want the other 99 flagged as out of date.
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
    @NeilCooke

What constitutes a "change" in this case? Geometry, properties, derived part updates, or FeatureScript updates?
  • Options
    Anything that flags it as "dirty" - if the PS was regenerated due to a change to a derived feature or a metadata change occurs that should all count.
  • Options
    René_SartorioRené_Sartorio Member Posts: 58 PRO
    edited September 2022
    Master question:
    we have onshape professional.
    If I changed the surface of the configurations in V6. How can I update this change on the drawing? The update button is not active because there is no new version ...
  • Options
    Master question:
    we have onshape professional.
    If I changed the surface of the configurations in V6. How can I update this change on the drawing? The update button is not active because there is no new version ...
    "surface of the configurations"? 

If the drawing is of a version of a part (recommended) then a new version is required to trigger the update. If it is of a workspace part, sometimes a metadata change does not trigger the drawing update (so I sometimes force the update by editing a feature and changing a value to something new and then change it back again).