Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I delete a single part studio from a document?

nick_lumbnick_lumb Member Posts: 25 PRO
edited November 2015 in Community Support
Sounds embarrassing to ask this but I have spent too long looking :-)
I can delete a document and I can delete a part from a part studio but can't find (in help or forum) how to delete a part studio.

Best Answer

Answers

• joris_kofmanjoris_kofman Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    you can delete al but he last part studio by right clicking the part studio tab and pressing delete.
  • Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    nick_lumb said:
    I can delete a document and I can delete a part from a part studio but can't find (in help or forum) how to delete a part studio.
    As @ 3dcad, said you can delete the part studio clicking RMB on the tab and click delete.But you will not get the "delete" option if there is no any other part or assembly studio in the document.because it is equal to deleting a document.
  • viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    Narayan_K said:
    nick_lumb said:
    As @ 3dcad, said you can delete the part studio clicking RMB on the tab and click delete.But you will not get the "delete" option if there is no any other part or assembly studio in the document.because it is equal to deleting a document.
    @nick_lumb , You can delete any "tab" in document by following method suggested by @3dcad . If it is not deleting then there will be two chances.
    1) In that document only one "tab" is there which you want to delete. It won't delete because it is equal to deleting a document as suggested by @Narayan_K
    2) You shared that document with other user and might be that user working on that tab. In this case you can not delete that "tab"
  • shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    @joris_kofman One more suggestion. If you delete any tab, to restore it back you can restore from the history. But you will not able to restore it by undo as proper workflow is to restore from history.
  • nick_lumbnick_lumb Member Posts: 25 PRO
    I can't believe I didn't try RMB but clearly I didn't.  Thank you all :-)