Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Making a solid rounded cap?

Hello. I am quite new to Onshape, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to create a solid dome shape on the end of this surface so that it is a rounded cap. Could anyone explain how I would go about doing this? 
Thanks.

Best Answer

• Options
    abstractonautabstractonaut Member Posts: 4 EDU
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    S1mon said:
    Assuming this shape was made with a revolve, the simplest solution would be to add an arc to the revolved sketch.
    It was made with a loft. Would this still work?

Answers

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,366 PRO
    Assuming this shape was made with a revolve, the simplest solution would be to add an arc to the revolved sketch.
  • Options
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    S1mon said:
    It was made with a loft. Would this still work?
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,395
    Loft to a point, but much faster to start again with a revolve like @S1mon says. Easier and more accurate.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    This worked, thank you.