Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

What stops a shell from forming?

kees_bijkerkees_bijker Member Posts: 48
Hello community,
I am trying to shell this part, shaped by a loft following guide lines that I constructed with bridging curves.
I then made one part out of the loft, by using add and merge with all.
Now I wanted to shell it, either hollow or with one face removed, but it refuses to do so. The clue given is "the shell did not generate correctly, cannot shell part with selections".
What does that mean?

Best Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,394
    Answer ✓
    From the image, it looks like the "fillets" are not tangent so it is unable to offset the surfaces. You could try removing the fillets and adding them later.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    My apologies, I should have looked in the faqs a bit sooner. After submitting this question I could not delete it anymore, my bad.
    Thank you again for you time and patience, it is a very nice attribute of this forum that it remains factual at all times.

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,394
    Answer ✓
    From the image, it looks like the "fillets" are not tangent so it is unable to offset the surfaces. You could try removing the fillets and adding them later.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    My apologies, I should have looked in the faqs a bit sooner. After submitting this question I could not delete it anymore, my bad.
    Thank you again for you time and patience, it is a very nice attribute of this forum that it remains factual at all times.