Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Help Locating "Collaborative" 3rd Party Manufacturers...

miko_cardenasmiko_cardenas OS Professional Posts: 17
edited November 2015 in Community Support
Just curious if Onshape has a list of possible CNC plywood furniture manufacturers who are actively using Onshape?   I've looked through the forum to see if there's any reference to this resource to no avail...I live in the New Hampshire and trying to source a local manufacturer (Boston, or Manchester???).

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• mcconnell113mcconnell113 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    I think there is supposed to be something that helps you locate manufacturers coming with the app store though i could be wrong. It was for prototyping I believe but hard to say if it will be well structured and also it might not launch with the app store I haven't read anything recently on it.
    John McConnell - Let's change things.
    Saplingstore.com
  • matthew_menardmatthew_menard Member Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    You might have better luck testing the water with a local shop and not get hung up on what software they are using.  I would prefer a shop that has proven quality regardless of the software they are using and since OnShape is so new you may be overlooking a shop that will get you a better cost:quality:speed ratio for your needs.  Obviously there are some nice collaboration features you would miss out on by going with a shop that does not use OnShape, but you also might be able to get somebody interested in using OnShape who doesn't know about its existence yet.  Sorry for not having a real answer to your question.  Maybe OnShape could organize a list of manufacturers that use the software?  Seems like something that would be win/win for everybody involved. 
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @miko_cardenas  If we forget that there is few extra miles between Finland and New Hampshire - I might have a right shop for your needs.
    If you found me from 'a list of Onshape shops' how would you like us to proceed? 
    Would you like to send me an email first or would you like to have built-in function to share/quote with a shop of your choice?

//rami
  • pete_yodispete_yodis OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Just curious if Onshape has a list of possible CNC plywood furniture manufacturers who are actively using Onshape?   I've looked through the forum to see if there's any reference to this resource to no avail...I live in the New Hampshire and trying to source a local manufacturer (Boston, or Manchester???).

@miko_cardenasYou could always go to here.... http://www.mfg.com/  And put Onshape conditions in the quote request....

• miko_cardenasmiko_cardenas OS Professional Posts: 17
    mcconnell113 do you mean this feature would be associated with the Onshape app? Or is it a completely different app?
    matthew_menard my priority would be a shop that is local and that can produce a quality product at a reasonable price within  a reasonable time frame.  I realize it might be wishful thinking to expect that they use Onshape but I just wanted to put it out there in case, in the slightest chance, there was one nearby.  
    pete_yodis thanks for the resource.  It looks somewhat promising.  Have you used mfg.com before? If so what kind of result did you have?

Miko 

This discussion has been closed.