Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to find the Part files used as examples in the lessons?

Ronan_McAllisterRonan_McAllister Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
Hi,

I've been going through various lessons on learn.onshape.com, and I find that very often they will show how to use a feature with an example Part Studio file.
However there never seems to be an option to open that file myself and have a play around. Are these files not publicly available?

I learn by doing, so would really like the opportunity to explore the example files myself!

For example, this lesson has loads of good surface models ( https://learn.onshape.com/learn/video/surface-modeling-tips-and-tricks-in-onshape ), but I can't find them anywhere by searching the filename in the "Public" section of OnShape. Is there a "made by OnShape" section that I'm failing to find?

Answers

• KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    @Ronan_McAllister
    The example documents are available if you are in a course and begin an exercise. We have made them public so you can copy them and work though them with guided practice. For surfacing check out:
    It seems you might be looking at stand-alone videos. We have not included links on those pages to the documents used in the videos. Hope this helps!