Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

2 gears & a diametral rack

Ron_van_DijkRon_van_Dijk Member Posts: 13 PRO
I have two gears that interact together with a diametral rack.
the blue part moves max of 45 degrees and should cause the light grey part to move 22,5 degrees
How to achieve this with the gear mates?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if you could share the link to the document.
  • Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,065 PRO
    one general tip i can share while you work on getting us a link is to use Variable Studios to do your gear math, that way you have the gear ratios as variables available in the assembly, which can be used in the gear mates.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    Thanks for your input, Onshape support has given a gear mate that worked, now only to get my gears right. Some homework :smile:
  • Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,065 PRO
    @Ron_van_Dijk
    I imagine you already used this, but in case you didn't, there's a great Spur Gear custom feature from @NeilCooke, and I also really love the Gear Lab feature from @antlu65 which behaves a bit differently, and can handle some other gear types, like bevels (the original post here).

Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Evan,

That's what I used!  :)