Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

drawing a new plane on cylinders

i am trying to make a new plain on the surface of two cylinders to make a support. but i can't figure out how to do that.

here i have the file i am trying to make a link from the A frame to one of the top beams
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/776314b9e5b16c1b2ac258c2/w/0116c0bb729888187cac2c1a/e/c76c99b21dcfe89a3c82938f

Best Answer

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,367
    Answer ✓
    You could always create a sketch on the Right plane and draw a line which is tangent to the top of the poles. Then create a Plane using Line angle.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,367
    Answer ✓
    You could always create a sketch on the Right plane and draw a line which is tangent to the top of the poles. Then create a Plane using Line angle.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI