Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Improvements to Onshape - April 12th, 2023

13»

Comments

• Options
    Dean_GardnerDean_Gardner Member Posts: 88 PRO
    edited April 2023
    Still no fillet update to my existing document. It's a part studio within a document. All other part studios in that document have the new fillet. 
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,421
    Still no fillet update to my existing document. 
    If there is no "automatic upgrade" in your version graph then the upgrade was unsuccessful for whatever reason. Please open a support ticket and share the doc with support and they will fix it for you.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    briantricebriantrice Member Posts: 1 PRO
    Is there something wrong with my account or documents if I haven't seen any of these features live yet? A "few days" was indicated and now it's been about three weeks.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,421
    @briantrice please refer to my post just above yours.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    wout_theelen541wout_theelen541 Member, csevp Posts: 198 PRO
    That thin extrude is perfect for drawing walls quickly!

S1mon said:
    Thanks to the Onshape developers. It's great to see these 3 requests finished. Isn't the best part of a sprint getting to mark things done?

@GregBrown I'd almost forgotten that I wrote the Face-Face fillet IR. Very happy to see it finished with all the controls.

I was using the thin feature today and noticed it can't do this middle line:
    Shouldn't the tool automatically merge any extruded lines together?
  • Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,066 PRO

I was using the thin feature today and noticed it can't do this middle line:
    Shouldn't the tool automatically merge any extruded lines together?
    I love the thin extrude! There are so many things that become simpler with it. I was running into something similar to this issue too though, but with faces. If I have two adjacent co-planar faces, I should be able to pick them both to extrude the whole region's border as one rib, or maybe to extrude each face as it's own region with ribs. Right now it fails.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,389 PRO
    Hmmm. Yeah it would appear that Thin extrudes can't handle T-junctions (or X-junctions) in the sketch, even if you make Direction 1 and Direction 2 equal. I'm not sure why Thin was added without this and a simple option to set the thickness of the wall and have it be symmetric?!? To me those are the two most obvious things that I want to do when using a thin extrusion. So we have a rib tool that doesn't have draft, and a thin extrusion which can't handle T-shapes.

I know @NeilCooke created a Rib Network FeatureScript which solves this, but why do we have two almost functional but broken built in ways to do this?