Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Features hidden by extrusion

msandeepmsandeep Member Posts: 10
I am trying to extrude features originally drawn on Top plane, but now hidden by an extrusion. I am unable to select these features. Is there a way to "hide" the first extrusion so that I can select the hidden features?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c33a79fdba921323df324d25/w/d34920b58156294bd53f27b1/e/a2171abb1d27916119221368

Best Answer

• Options
    Matt_ShieldsMatt_Shields Member Posts: 213 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Keyboard shortcut for Select Other is the ` key (usually to the left of the number 1 on your keyboard).  I use that a lot.

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,398
    • If you're trying to cut the grey part from the blue part, use boolean subtract. 
    • If you just want to select the sketch areas, use select other (right click the area)
    • You can hide one or both parts using the eye icon in the parts list (or hover over and press Y)
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Matt_ShieldsMatt_Shields Member Posts: 213 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Keyboard shortcut for Select Other is the ` key (usually to the left of the number 1 on your keyboard).  I use that a lot.
  • Options
    msandeepmsandeep Member Posts: 10
    OK, I think I figured out how to do this - by selecting the extruded hub (in blue) and right-click and "make transparent". Then I can select the triangular region and use it for extrude.