Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Apple Vision Pro!

MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,716 PRO

Apple Vision Pro

They have officially been announced. At a glance they look like standard VR, but take a closer look at this video :sunglasses: 

Please vote on this improvement request so that we can Onshape with Apples new spatial platform: 
Onshape App for Apple Vision - Improvement Request

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX9qSaGXFyg

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    jim_heppelmann586jim_heppelmann586 Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 6 PRO
    edited June 2023
    Ooops didn't mean to duplicate
  • Options

This is fantastic news @jim_heppelmann586. Thanks for sharing!

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options

Apple Vision Pro release date has been announced!    2-2-2024

• Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I'm waiting for the M3 air but these would be cool if I could fly through an OS model. @MichaelPascoe, I voted up your request hoping it includes flying through holograms.
  • Options
    edited January 11

These are revolutionary not because of their concept, which has been around for a while, but because of their implementation. Apple has addressed the following issues of AR / VR:
    • Field of view (Basically full field of view)
    • Resolution (Roughly 4k per eye)
    • User inputs (High quality hand and eye tracking)
    • Processing power (M2 and new R1 chips directly in the device, so no lag for the high quality hand, eye, accelerometers, and other scanners that it has)
    It is extremely tough to get all of these things in one device and to do it well. Which is probably why Google and Microsoft both failed at their attempts at AR. The technology didn't fully exist, so Apple created it. With all these integrations in one device, it will be the experience that we all imagined when we first thought of AR / VR. Believe it or not, I'm not an Apple "fan", but I like their hardware and how they are able to push tech progress like no one else.

• Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I went to the apple store to buy a M3 and the genius who helped me was the store's apple vision pro expert. So I got a demo.

I liked it a lot, better than I expected. Alicia Keys performing in a studio at a piano was better than seeing in person and then a tight rope walker made me feel queasy when she looked down. 

The immersive CAD design can be real and will surpass any 2D monitors sitting on a desk in front of you. 

The input has to upgrade. I don't want mouse possibly not a keyboard, but hand gestures to fire off functions. Picking in front of you isn't going work for long because your arms will get tired. But somethings going to happen better than what we have today.

If I lived alone, I'd totally buy a pair and take the TV off the wall.