Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Problems creating circular pattern of part

greg_mor031greg_mor031 Member Posts: 5
edited October 2023 in Drawings
I'm just getting started in OnShape and I'm having a problem with creating a circular ADD pattern of a particular part. If I only use an instance count of 2 it works fine. Other numbers fail or have interesting outputs. 10 looks cool but 9 fails. 5 only shows 2 instances of the part. What am I doing wrong?

I tried to make the variable complex pattern in the 3 loft target sketches but that fails often probably because I'm not using the guides and continuity / connections / end conditions properly. Is there a complete discussion about using lofts with complex patterns somewhere? I can't seem to find full and detailed descriptions on all the features in the loft operation.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/7b1ee820f37effb19ba624fc/w/589633d56df823441321500e/e/90a4c23533661034f1ff5651

Comments

• Options
    greg_mor031greg_mor031 Member Posts: 5
    Never Mind. It suddenly started working after I refreshed the browser window today. I can't make it fail now.