Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Why is my OnShape so slow? (Browser is not running at 60 frames per second)

benjamin_mcraebenjamin_mcrae Member Posts: 5
My OnShape suddenly became extremely slow when interacting with the server. what can be done to fix this

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,428
    FPS is determined by your local graphics card, so the bigger the assembly on screen the slower it (may) go. Check you are using the right graphics card for your browser at https://cad.onshape.com/check
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    benjamin_mcraebenjamin_mcrae Member Posts: 5
    im running a 2060 and at the check page my computer registered off the charts in the graphic department. I guess the issue im having is whenever I try to go throught menus or import part studios or assemblies of export a part or drawing it takes forever an example is it took 5 minutues to open the dialogue box to export an stl and another 3 to actually acheive export

• Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    And your Browser is compatable with Onshape ??