Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Steps/Second

Greetings,
Hopefully someone in the verse sees this that knows the answer. I've looked through Onshape Help and cannot find the coloration between step numbers and time. I.e., I'm animating a rotating item and in order for it to flow correctly I have to set it to 720 and loop it. I want to have a specific revs/second but have not been able to determine the number of steps needed to get a specific revolution speed. Anyone on here know the factional second per step? Also, is that number identical for linear motion? I have ran timed experiments and determined that it is a linear function, but between human error and server lag time, I cannot get it precise enough to be useful.

Answers

• Options
    liam_gessmanliam_gessman Member Posts: 14
    I'm assuming that it doesn't have to be a precise speed? just set it to 1000 and if its too fast turn it down.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,401
    There is no time associated with this - it depends how good your graphics card is.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI