Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Multiple instances of a shape within a sketch?

john_wolterjohn_wolter Member Posts: 14 EDU
I have an edge detail that I want to place at several locations around the perimeter of a non-circular part.  I can use a linear sketch pattern to place this detail in multiple places along one edge of the part, but is there a way to replicate that shape along other edges without having to draw and dimension the detail geometry along each edge?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• john_wolterjohn_wolter Member Posts: 14 EDU
    I have found a solution that works in some cases.  If the detail is to be positioned at the same location on opposite sides of the part, then a sketch mirror can be used to mirror the detail across the mid-line of the part.  I am still hoping for a more general solution.