Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I update the parts in a render studio if I've made changes to my design?

dave_franchinodave_franchino Member Posts: 37
Hey folks, 

I created a render studio scene from an assembly in onshape - I've added a few new parts to my assembly but I can't figure out how to update the scene.  It still reflects the state of my assembly when I created it. Is there a way to preserve materials and settings and update a scene if the underlying assembly or part studio has changed? 

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,403
    Yes! From the scenes screen (where you choose which scene to open) there is a menu on the right. Click on that and there is an update option. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    dave_franchinodave_franchino Member Posts: 37
    Thanks so much @NeilCooke!  Had a hard time finding it.  Another quick rendering question.  When I add an environment I've found it's scale doesn't match my intent. For example I'm trying to render a large (2 meter) product into an outdoor scene but the environment is opening as if it's expecting a 200mm product.  When I zoom, Onshape is scaling my product, not the environment so to get the two to match I've zoomed in so close much of my product is off the screen.  Is there a way to scale the environment as opposed to the geometry in the scene??