Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

After Boolean union of parts in "part studio" the Drawing and assmbly wont update

david_hay210david_hay210 Member Posts: 4
I Made a part in the part studio, then created a drawing and an assmbly of the part.

Then i added some extra features to the part and Boolean union joined the parts. after that the drawings would not update.

Would love some help on this please.

Best Answer

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,415
    Answer ✓
    Selection order in the Boolean feature is important. Make sure you select the part that was originally in the drawing first, then select the other parts. That way the original Part ID is maintained.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,415
    Answer ✓
    Selection order in the Boolean feature is important. Make sure you select the part that was originally in the drawing first, then select the other parts. That way the original Part ID is maintained.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    david_hay210david_hay210 Member Posts: 4
    Amazing thanks Neil. That has solved my Issue.