Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Variables within Configuration - HELP!

Lets say I have a box, and the box is defined by L x W x H... I originally made these variables so I can adjust as I needed on the fly with the variable table. But what I didn't realize is if I changed the variable in another part studio, it would change the dimension in every part studio.

Since I am trying to have 4 different size boxes... and the ability to switch between the 4, as well as manipulate each as I prototype add on features... I knew I needed to learn configurations. So I watched the tutorials in Onshape.

I configured all my dimensions within the parts table that I wanted to have the ability to change. However I realized that is not exactly what I wanted. At least I do not think (I am very confused at this point since like I feel like I am in the movie inception).

I think I would like to have the variables editable within my configuration table. I do not like that the column header for the dimension is called "Distance" I would like it to be "Width" for instance & "Height" which would also be the name of the variable (#Width, #Height etc.)

When I watch the tutorial on the Onshape , specifically on how to setup configuration table, I saw the lady teacher setup the column headers as variables. They did not say "Distance" they said "ID" & "OD".... But I did everything she did to the best of my ability, and they still say distance! She did not go into depth, at least on that portion of the video (maybe towards the end, I will still be watching these as I wait for a response to hopefully answer me own Question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments