Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Individual part spin with the Mouse

stuart_moritastuart_morita Member Posts: 2
Moving from Solidworks to Onshape, and I changed my preferences for the mouse to "Solidworks".  In SWX when you have multiple parts in an assembly, I can spin all the parts together with the middle button.  If I want to spin just one of the parts, I select the part with the RMB, holding it down and spin it.  The RMB doesn't seem to work in my sessions of Onshape.  Can anyone let me know if it's possible or what I'm doing wrong?

Best Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,415
    Answer ✓
    No, it is not possible. Select the part and use the manipulator to rotate it. You can also suggest this as an iomprovement request in the category on the right ==>
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    martin_kopplowmartin_kopplow Member Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I once tried a beta version of some other CAD where a part that had the manipulator on it could be moved 6DOF using the space mouse. That required some getting used to, but was good for trying things out or explaining the mounting process. It was not precise enough for design, though it could possibly be useful in combination with mates in snap mode.

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,415
    Answer ✓
    No, it is not possible. Select the part and use the manipulator to rotate it. You can also suggest this as an iomprovement request in the category on the right ==>
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    martin_kopplowmartin_kopplow Member Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I once tried a beta version of some other CAD where a part that had the manipulator on it could be moved 6DOF using the space mouse. That required some getting used to, but was good for trying things out or explaining the mounting process. It was not precise enough for design, though it could possibly be useful in combination with mates in snap mode.