Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

adding a fillet to a curved extrusion.

alex_mordeyalex_mordey Member Posts: 7
Hello, im trying to add a fillet (curved edge) to a curved extrusion I have made and it wont work. I presume it's because the width of the fillet isnt wide enough to incorporate the whole piece. What do I need to do? 

Picture attached. 

Best Answer

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,415
    Answer ✓
    Pick edges rather than faces (that is trying to fillet all the edges of the face and 5mm is too big).
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,415
    Answer ✓
    Pick edges rather than faces (that is trying to fillet all the edges of the face and 5mm is too big).
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    NeilCooke said:
    That’s great thanks for that. I’ll give it a try in the morning and report back. 
  • Options
    NeilCooke said:
    ive tried that and still have issues. ive tired selecting different edges to make the fillet but the results are causing the same results as selecting the opposing faces. 
  • Options

scrap that. I need to select to corner edge. not multiple edges.