Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to specify 90° angle on the planes of cube?

alex_vestasalex_vestas Member Posts: 44
How to specify 90° angle on the plane of cube? (on the Right geometry plane) Its a cube, but I want to explicitly specify 90° angle, that angles must be strictly 90°.

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,419
    ?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    Alex, it's difficult to conceive your point from your description. I think your concern is whether or not the sides of the cube are 90 degrees to each other. Unless you specify otherwise, an extrude is 90 degrees to the sketch plane. In your document. the top, bottom, left & right sides of the cube are 90 degrees to the front and back sides. Whether the bottom, top, left & right sides are 90 degrees to each other would be determined by the sketch. - Scotty
  • Options
    just on a drawing for a milling.
  • Options
    No. I understand that the sides of the cube are, naturally, at an angle of 90 degrees to each other. Any drawing should be able to indicate any required dimension, even if this is implied by the structure itself (cube). I don't understand why I can't specify the dimension I want to specify (and where I want it)

• Options
    Does can anybody post clear step-by-step instruction (NOT youtube videos!) how to get from Part Studio1 get Drawing1 with all planes and all dimensions ?
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,419
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI