Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to print a drawing at a 1:1 scale if the drawing is much larger than a regular sheet of paper?

I want to print out a scale drawing of this aircraft I have designed, but it is 1.9 meters in wingspan and obviously does not fit on a regular A4 sheet of paper. Is there a way to subdivide it into say a 4x5 grid of sheets to then print out, or at least something to that effect?

Answers

• DavidvanderMeerDavidvanderMeer Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    I had to do something like this recently, though not in Onshape, but the concept is the same.

We needed a 1:1 paper template that would span across 5 separate sheets of A1 paper. I added markers to the model which would project onto the drawing, two markers on each overlapping side of the paper, so all the sheets could be aligned using those markers. I numbered the markers as well so they could easily be identified and matched. Then we printed the sheets, cut out the shape, sticky-taped them together, and we had our 1:1 paper template.
  • Oliver_CouchOliver_Couch Member Posts: 96 PRO
    Most PDF viewers can do this. Just "Print" or export your drawing to PDF, then print from a PDF viewer.

Eg. Here's Adobe Acrobat Reader and PDF X-Change Editor: