Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Issue Resizing Part

Hi,

I have imported a Part into Onshape, then created a new sketch of the part. Meanwhile, I am having issues resizing the part. Selecting the Dimensions Button does not enable the feature.

Thank you.

Joseph

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Scaling on a part is accomplished by the transform tool.

• joseph_fournierjoseph_fournier Member Posts: 17

Thank you. Isn't possible to resize it using the Dimensions Functionality found in the sketch design?

yes, Just double click any dimension in the sketch and type a new value. HTH
    _Dave_
    I would like to, but upon clicking the Dimension button in a newly created sketch of an existing part and selecting an edge, the Dimensions (length) are not being displayed, as demonstrated in Onshape's Tutorials.
    sounds like there is a problem and you need to send feedback to onshape and request a support ticket.
    _Dave_
    Thank you for your time!

I have tested the functionality using a newly created sketch (a non-imported 3D part as in the previous case) in the same document and everything is working properly. I believe that there must be some constraints existing on the imported part, which prohibits me from modifying its dimensions.

If you used the use function to create the sketch the it would be constrained to the solid part.
    I you share a link and explain what you are attempting to do, I'll have a look.

_Dave_
    Thank you. I am new to Onshape, and thus most likely I am not using the software as it should be. The Part I am trying to resize can be found at the following link. After activating Edit on Sketch 1, I am trying to resize the components of the Part using the Dimension functionality, but without success.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/1c1bd57501f058d79fd4d193/w/fe93ebe587bc64ea153ecd07/e/e64b7a3a00b5f3537703a606
    Thank you again.
    Joseph
    Thank you both for your help. 

Joseph