Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Centre a rectangle within another rectangle in assembly

Hi,
Please view the attached word doc with stills of the drawing. I want to centre the "base" within the roof. ie the short side are 20mm from each other and the back where the flange is line up. Looking from underneath it is off to one side.

many thanks - new to this!

Best Answer

Answers

• juan_avilesjuan_aviles Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    If I understand you correctly, I believe the "Center point Rectangle" command will do what you are looking for.  Add your 20mm dimensions, and extrude.  Once in an assembly, group the parts together.  

If you bring the parts into an assembly separately,  you can use mates to achieve what you want.

• phil_smith878phil_smith878 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

thanks for responding . Not quite what I need, Imagine a hollow box and then a lid sliding over it, I need the lid to slide over the rim of the box and stop at a certain distance so one side of the box and lid line up leaving a flange of equal size on the remaining 3 sides . Tried planer mate but it keeps flipping my assembly into weird configurations....sorry new to this so finding it difficult to explain.
  • phil_smith878phil_smith878 Member Posts: 6
    YES!thats great thank you!