Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

how do I insert Onshape sketch into Draftsigtht?

jackie_1jackie_1 Member Posts: 20 EDU
When I inserted my Onshape 2d sketch into a Draftsight template, it did not get put it in the same layer. Did I do something wrong?

Best Answer

Answers

• jackie_1jackie_1 Member Posts: 20 EDU
    21 views, no comments. I was wondering if I needed to clarify. Do any of the viewers have a question?
  • Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @ jackie_1 , Do you expecting the sketch made in part studio to be inserted in to Drawing template? If so then it is not possible at this stage.
    edited September 2016
    Thank you for your answer.Yes, I want to draw a sketch in part studio in Onshape, save as a dwg, and then insert the sketch into the template CELERE 2016 TESTCELL TEMPLATE  found at this url: https://spaceflightsystems.grc.nasa.gov/education-outreach/celere/how-to-apply/  because Onshape is so much easier to use than Draftsight. Is there any way to do this? I thought I drew, saved, and inserted the sketch correctly but the CELERE program person said the Onshape sketch was not inserted into the "cut" layer of the Draftsight template. Any help understanding what is going on would be greatly appreciated. I am a novice user.

Oooh, I will look into this! Thanks!! I will leave this as a "not answers" for a few more hours....
    still processing....
    still processing. I think this is over my head.