Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to put a spherical face onto a cube?

jeff_moser
jeff_moser Member Posts: 6 ✭

I need to have a spherical face on one side of a cube. I have created a cube and created a sphere individually, but for some reason I can't get both created without issues in the same model. I was trying to create both parts and use a boolean operation to end up with a spherical face on one side of the cube. I have been using the top plane to create and extrude the cube and the right plane to create and revolve the sphere. I created the sphere by drawing a circle in a sketch, cutting it in half to create a semi circle then revolving the semi circle, which does work fine on its own.

What is the best way to go about getting a spherical surface on one of the cube faces? For reference, my cube is 5.5" and I am looking to have about 0.1" spherical height on one side. (i.e., the corners of the cube will end up about 0.1" lower than the center.) The sphere I have been creating is on the order of 42" in diameter to get in that ballpark.

Any suggestions are appreciated!!

Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers