Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.
First time visiting? Here are some places to start:- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.
Can't extrude, and I'm certain I'm way off... HELP :-)
Hello all, and thank you for taking the time to look! I cannot get this car profile to extrude, and I've tried everything I know. I'm certain someone here with much more experience will either have an answer, or know that its not possible…could you please let me know?
Here's the link to the project:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a3027175ca2975b50e7605be/w/5d7cefe54da97fb6e0d96271/e/c89595518c3e0253abdb8cb1?renderMode=0&uiState=6aba56154584f1e9f4be11ca
Answers
-
it is VERY undefined and isn't really in a sketch format, it seems to be more like a perspective drawing of some sort. if you are trying to model the car, I would suggest you use that image as a reference and start a side view sketch from scratch.
1 -
the two curves making up this feature overlap or merge into the same line. if you change the angle of one of them or trim off the end of both then you can extrude
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/d00a17535b59b005832600a8/w/ee4b8bde81684fd8d9a44af0/e/a903d3184178f03c0cd2c192
1 -
you still there bro?
0


