Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Make a Part of an Assembly

new_signup430new_signup430 Member Posts: 2
Hello

I am a new user of Onshape. I have downloaded a Assembly from GrabCad but there are no Mates that holds the parts together. Can a make a Part of the hole Assembly or make a "Fix" of the hole assembly...?

(I hva previously done this in Solidworks by saving the Assembly as an Part.....) 

Answers

• Options
    jakob_johanssonjakob_johansson OS Professional Posts: 3 PRO
    What I usually do is to mark all parts in the assembly and make a group. In this way the parts "mate" each other. Otherwise you should be able to export the assembly as a stp and then import it again. 
  • Options
    new_signup430new_signup430 Member Posts: 2
    I have tried to make a Sub assembly (Group)of the parts but still the the parts did't mate..? I also tried to Export as an STP and import it again but it did't mate....  ??

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,394
    Box select everything, then right click "Fix"?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI