Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
A few questions
Forgive me if these are stupid questions as I am new to onshape and 3D modeling in general.
I’ve imported a SW assembly into onshape and would like to edit the parts as well as do some assembly level edits. I have a few questions:
1. Is there a way to open the parts individually? When I click a part in the left panel it just highlights it in the assembly. How do I open it in a parts studio to edit it? And once it’s in a parts studio is there a way to take it back to a sketch?
2. Is there a way to take a whole part or an assembly and increase its size by 220%?
3. I would like to cut a hole through the whole assembly as I need the alignment of the assembly so a rod can be inserted through all the parts. Is it possible to do this and if so how?
Thanks in advance for the help.