Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do you create a dimension relationship in Sketch

Jerome_CastanedaJerome_Castaneda Member Posts: 1
edited May 2016 in Community Support
how do you create a relationship of dimension say L = 2*W where L = Length W =  Width parameters.

Answers

• Options
    bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    This is a great use for Onshape's variables: https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/variable.htm

Our variables are very powerful and I have multiple examples I can show you for various situations. I have a design where I have one variable, width, and use it to drive all  the other dimensions of my part so that if I need to make an adjustment, all I have to do is change the width variable.

With good design intent variables are extremely useful.
    Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln

• Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    @Jerome_Castaneda, You can create relationship for dimension by using variable feature. Kindly refer below video which will be helpful in dimension creation by using variable.