Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Why is scroll not working in the insert parts and assemblies dialog box?

brian_jobmannbrian_jobmann Member Posts: 2 PRO
I am new to OnShape, but so far am really liking it - especially the mates! Much better than working with SolidWorks. I am having some issues, the most notable is when inserting parts into assemblies. The scroll feature has worked a couple of times today, but for the most part it will not scroll for the part I am looking for. I have to use the search box, which is ok when I know the name of the part I am looking for. But Scrolling to it would be faster and easier for my workflow. 

I am running a 17" MBP, using the TouchPad. 

Anyone got any ideas?
-Brian
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    raj_Onshaperaj_Onshape Onshape Employees Posts: 106
    I have always had better luck going to System Preferences -> General  and picking Always for  "Show scroll bars"

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @brian_jobmann  You can also try doing a SHIFT + Reload of the document to see if that clears it.  This seems to pop up from time to time.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    And just to shortcut some of the troubleshooting steps (and for those that come after you) . . . .
    Today we support Chrome, Firefox and Safari on MacOS, Linux and Windows.
    More browsers in the future. :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    brian_jordanbrian_jordan Member, Developers Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

And just to shortcut some of the troubleshooting steps (and for those that come after you) . . . .
    Today we support Chrome, Firefox and Safari on MacOS, Linux and Windows.
    More browsers in the future. :)
    Just out of interest I use the Avast SafeZone Browser...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/48.0.2564.109 Safari/537.36 ASW/1.48.2066.101

I am aware this isn't in your list of supported browsers but Onshape runs well in it with no problems that I have seen; I have compared it back-to-back with Chrome on a few documents and found no difference either in features or speed. I know it's not supported and if I have problems I will revert to Chrome without complaining to Onshape. I offer this FWIW.
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @brian_jordan - most browsers work fine. The main issue we run into is people trying to use IE (which will never work as it does not support some features we need and has essentially been retired by Microsoft) and Edge. We would like to and plan to support Edge, there are however some issues that we are working through with Microsoft. The problem today with Edge is that it 'looks' like it's working, but is actually missing several key UI elements. Generally, 'most' browsers that support WebGL will work. :)

Philip Thomas - Onshape