Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Mating screw holes of two parts

shai_perednikshai_perednik Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
edited June 2016 in Community Support
I have a busing and and a housing part, they connect in the physical world with 4 screws through there respective 4 slots.  No matter which mate I try, I cannot get the 4 holes to align.  Even aligning the shaft hole then rotating on the axis, I still can't get a 90deg rotation to make all the holes align.  Am I missing something?  Should I be using a different kind of mate?

Thank you!
b3.PNG 27.4K
b2.PNG 162.5K
b1.PNG 219.4K

Best Answer

Answers

• shai_perednikshai_perednik Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    ethan said:
    After you add your fastened mate. Click the drop down on the mate on the left of your screen. Right click the mate connector of the part that is not fixed, and select edit. Then select move and rotate the part until it is perfect! 
    ok got it, I had to use the revolut mate on the center of the shaft of both parts.  Once it was mated, I did what you suggested and rotated.  all good now.  Sounds like an awkward way to go upon it but it works.  Thank you,
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    edited July 2016
    I believe you could have used 2 pairs of fastened mates (on any two of the bolt holes) to achieve the desired result.

Regards,

OS
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • shai_perednikshai_perednik Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Ethan gave more detail here https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/4216/mate-two-parts#latest which answered this issue