Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Cant select from sketch with more than 3 layers

If I make a sketch with 3 elements covering the same area

everything works as expected, but if I let one area be covered by 4 elements like 

I cannot select any elements/areas from this sketch when attempting to extrude. 

Questions:
- Is there a good reason why I can only have 3 layers?
- Is there a good reason why the sketch is not marked as red in the left menu (as I imagine something should indicate that the sketch is creating trouble)

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    shanshanshanshan Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    there have been no layer concept in sketch for onshape , I  am not sure if I  get your point , for me what you did is ok , please see the  video below:

• Options
    mathias_wulffmathias_wulff Member Posts: 8
    Very interesting. You got the exact point. 

Hmmm...

The problem was recreated in an existing document. I will investigate and return with more information.
  • Options
    Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @ mathias_wulff ,If possible please share your document with public and we can go through that.