Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

DXF Breaks on Export,

sean_willmott772sean_willmott772 Member Posts: 6
edited September 2016 in Community Support
Ok I run a laser cutter and use a software called LaserCut 5.3 on one machine and a program called LaserCam on the other so far everything has been running swimmingly but after a file purge and clean up I am now having an issue on export of a file its quite a simple drawing and I have no idea why its now breaking apart.

Firs time around it was fine I am not sure what I have done or what's going wrong, checked all DXF versions with the same thing happens so any help is much appreciated.

Answers

• Options
    mlml Member Posts: 53 PRO
    have had - beside others - the same issue: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/20530/#Comment_20530

used the feedback tool and got a fix some days later
  • Options
    ml said:
    have had - beside others - the same issue: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/20530/#Comment_20530

used the feedback tool and got a fix some days later
    Thanks ml I am not  a Pro member as yet, so not sure If they will be in a hurry to help and that's fair enough.

Just totally confuses ne why this is happening now.
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Speaking as a free user (turning pro today hopefully) I've been hugely impressed with the support given by OS to users irrespective of whether they're free or paid.
    Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 386 PRO
    Speaking as a free user (turning pro today hopefully) I've been hugely impressed with the support given by OS to users irrespective of whether they're free or paid.
    Owen S.
    Agreed the support in OnShape is unparalleled and extremely refreshing.
  • Options
    Owen S.
    GWS50 said:
    Owen S.
    Agreed the support in OnShape is unparalleled and extremely refreshing.
    Ok that's Awsome to hear, I really want to make this work other wise I will have to look at something else.
  • Options
    I think I have this solved now, looks as though it was two different errors but causing the same kind of issue one related to version LaserCad the other is to do with LaserCut after updating the LaserCad it seems to import ok but LaserCut is still causing issues but I am also having errors now from the controller, think I will just replace LaserCut with LaserCad something I have been going to do for some time anyway and make them the same.