Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do i stop all of my measurements from breaking when I change something on the model?

david_geselldavid_gesell Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
Sometimes when I change something in a part studio and go to the drawing to update it, the measurements associated with that change are all in red and have to be redrawn. Isn't there a way to refresh those measurements without having to redrawn them, and why don't they refresh automatically when I click the update this work space?

Answers

• raj_Onshaperaj_Onshape Onshape Employees Posts: 106
    I think it all depends on what you mean by "change something" in part studio. If your changes to part studio are simple then the drawing dimensions should stay attached. But if your changes to part studio are drastic the dimensions would go dangling. 

It would be best to submit a support ticket with some information on how to reproduce your errors so that we can identify if this is expected behavior or a bug.

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    If you dimension an edge and then add a fillet the edge no longer exists so the dimension goes dangling. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • lloyd_snelllloyd_snell Member Posts: 23 PRO
    NeilCooke said:
    If you dimension an edge and then add a fillet the edge no longer exists so the dimension goes dangling. 
    This is why Onshape should first bring in dimensions from the modeling, i.e., like Creo. Much more stable. See my post on Drawings are the biggest time killer in product development and Onshape seems to treat it like an afterthought. Oh sure, I can show pictures on my phone, but can I get information need for manufacturing my pretty phone pictures. Without good drawings, Onshape is just a bunch of pretty pictures as design intent cannot be communicated to mfg. 
  • chris_newnhamchris_newnham Member Posts: 2
    Has there been any development wrt this? Having multiple dimension break because of a fillet radius change is frustrating.