Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

help with splitting and combining

so i am relatively new to this stuff but have seemed to do ok so far till now. i watched all the videos but none really showed me what i needed to know. i am trying to model a frame, in which the two main rails have mirrored dimensions. i made the first rail, mirrored it, and then used the split feature. basically what i see so far is it put a dividing plane between the two....essentially at the mirror point, but now i can't seem to separate the two to make parallel. did i miss something or is that really not possible and i actually will end up needing to make a whole new frame rail with the opposite specs then combine? to dig a little deeper, i was having trouble mating objects as well. i made a roller, then a roller bearing, but had a heck of a time inserting them into the roller part. one went in easy, but when i rotated and tried to insert the other, it wouldn't do it without removing the first one. what am i missing? any help is greatly appreciated! thanks in advance....

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    barry_i_blevinsbarry_i_blevins Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    thanks to both of you guys for answering my questions. that did work!