Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Onshape offline?

florian_fordflorian_ford Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
Hi guys,

I am wondering if there is any chance onshape could be used when no 3G/4G service is available on long commutes or other such situation. Is there any plan to have anything like that? Or at least save data locally if connection drops? It would be wonderful if designing can be continued offline but without the cloud calculations capability I doubt that can be arranged.

Thanks.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    florian_fordflorian_ford Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    I figured as much. Well, at least there could be a sort of repository like git to have the projects saved offline so we can work on them with other CADs and then when we get to a good connection the repos would synchronize ... but I remember that onshape uses some exotic way to keep the data, not in files of known types right?
  • Options
    dave_whitladave_whitla Member Posts: 1
    I can't believe I didn't realise this was browser app until just now. Working online is simply not even an option for some of us. Please delete my account.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,394
    @dave_whitla - why can't you work online? Since you're using the free version of our software, you can delete your account under My Account (top right) > Profile > Delete my Onshape account
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI