Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

can I control which model view is used as an icon on my documents?

OnShape is selecting a parts studio view for the icon to show in my documents. How do I do control it to show an assembly model view?

Answers

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I have suggested that they should show preview of every tab when hovering the doc on list.

Currently you can't choose the image, but I suppose it's the last one you have been working with..
    //rami
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @eric_taylor @3dcad - yes there are stories to both set the default element preview and allow a preview of all elements before opening the document. Go to the feedback tool to submit your enhancement request for how these should work.

In the meantime - here is a trick ---
    Do something to make your document 'dirty' (a change), switch to the element (tab) that you want shown on your documents page and then close the browser tab containing that document. Wait a few minutes (thumbnail generation is batched) - ta da! :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape