Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to Query Text for Extrusion to avoid Inner Empty Area(s)?

brian_guanbrian_guan Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
Hi all,

Apologies for a noob question. I am trying to learn FeatureScript and I am stuck with figuring out how to properly sketch, query, and extrude text, especially those letters with inner void area like the letter 'O' or worse, the symbol '©'.

See my example:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/dfe47c38f8c2d31762a5130d/w/b447e2582ee3a8273fda859c/e/c3dfa53c2417e08b2097b9e5

You will see that the inner areas are selected too, thus the extrude looks odd.

At this point, I don't need the sophistication of something like the excellent Curved Surface Text 

Just want to figure out the proper way to do this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,391
    Search qSketchRegion in the help it has an option to not fill inner loops. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    brian_guanbrian_guan Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Thanks Neil.  I set filterInnerLoops to true in my example doc. It is better, but not a complete solution.  The inner 'C' in the copy right symbol is now completely missing.  Is this a bug?