Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Export the featurescript notice flyout?

Lee_HeskethLee_Hesketh Member, Developers Posts: 148 ✭✭
Hey is it possible to export the featurescript flyout as either a text file or using html to target that area, and copy the text to clipboard?
Thanks
Lee Hesketh
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary, those who don't and those who didn't expect base 3!

Comments

• Options
    korikori Onshape Employees Posts: 25
    Currently, you should be able to select the text (with mouse or keyboard) and copy it to the clipboard (also with mouse or keyboard).  Is there a specific scenario that isn't working for you?
  • Options
    Lee_HeskethLee_Hesketh Member, Developers Posts: 148 ✭✭
    @kori What I want to do is write an app that is basically a cut list. I have used featurescript to query all parts and get the dimensions. How could I export those dimensions to google sheets like the BOM app @lougallo wrote.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary, those who don't and those who didn't expect base 3!
  • Options
    For this particular use case, since it sounds like you're looking for a more programmatic approach to exporting the data, I would recommend querying your Part Studio via our API.  
  • Options
    To get more information about our API, you can access our dev portal using your Onshape credentials:  https://dev-portal.onshape.com/