Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Tangent Plane (small suggestions)

owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
@dave_cowden , @ilya_baran

Hi folks.

I've just used Dave's Tangent Plane script for the first time and it worked perfectly, thanks Dave.

Two very minor suggestions.  Not sure if they're DC things or OS things:-

(a) The last update included names being added to planes. (Blue text in the top corner of the plane as seen in the modeling area.)  Is there any way the names for planes created with this method could be shown in the same way?

(b) The keyboard shortcut <P> to Show/Hide All Planes doesn't operate on these custom planes.  Could it?

Cheers,

Owen S.

Business Systems and Configuration Controller
HWM-Water Ltd
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    dave_cowdendave_cowden Member, Developers Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    @owen_sparks  Glad the script worked for you.

I'm happy to add these if its possible for me to do so, but I think they are OS things.  Based on a quick look at std.surfaceGeometry.fs, and it doesnt appear that I have access to name a newly created plane.  I'm pretty sure I do not have any control of (b).

• Options
    Paul_J_PremakumarPaul_J_Premakumar Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 197
    With regards to : The keyboard shortcut <P> to Show/Hide All Planes doesn't operate on these custom planes.  Could it?

Currently no, only default and construction planes are supported. That said your suggestion is interesting and something for us to consider in future.
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Thanks chaps.

Cheers,

Owen S
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd