Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Two hole patterns in same part

bill_danielsbill_daniels Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
I have a part (essentially a flange) with two concentric rings of countersunk holes.  The hole patterns are countersunk from opposite sides of the part.  Making the part model was easy but when I create a drawing, the hole labeling function only works for one ring of holes.  I can label one ring of holes or the other but not both.  Is this a limitation?

Best Answer

Answers

• bill_danielsbill_daniels Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    I think this is correct.  The part was originally imported as a STEP file from another CAD application.  I am finding STEP export-import process doesn't always produce completely intact shapes.  My solution was to reverse engineer the STEP part and re-create it in OnShape - that worked fine.