Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

.stl file upload

dannyidannyi Member Posts: 43
edited February 2017 in Community Support
I created this file of a wheel....
and this is what uploaded to Shapeways...
Tried a couple time of restarting my computer, deleting original .stl and exported new files, even made small changes but still no change. I have a couple dozen .stl files uploaded and this has never happened, not sure how to trouble shoot this. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.....thanks...

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Just made a similar wheel but without all the lug details and uploaded it as a .stl. No problems. Maybe I did something without realizing it.

Answers

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Are you able to share the file?  If so a few of use could load it into different packages and see if it's an onshape problem or a shapeways problem.

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @daniel_iacoangeli Are you using Microsoft Edge?
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    lougallo said:
    @daniel_iacoangeli Are you using Microsoft Edge?
    No, I don't believe so. I'm on a Macbook Pro with Google Chrome. 
  • Options
    Not sure what happened but for grins and giggles I tried to upload the wheel with .dae and it loaded just fine. The project before this one was loaded as a .stl and it loaded ok as well.  I'm going to try another small one to see if .stl works on that one.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Just made a similar wheel but without all the lug details and uploaded it as a .stl. No problems. Maybe I did something without realizing it.